Self Assessment help from HMRC
In the lead up to the 31 January 2017 Self Assessment tax return deadline, HMRC are providing a variety of digital products to support taxpayers, including webinars, live Q&A sessions and videos.
HMRC products include:
- Self Assessment help and support live sessions, where customers can listen to live Q&A and submit questions themselves
- Live webinars on completing the online Self Assessment return
- Recorded webinars which can be accessed any time
- A selection of e-learning packages including topics such as Business Expenses are designed specifically for businesses.
There are also a range of short YouTube videos covering topics such as:
- How to register for Self Assessment
- Tailoring your return
- Class 2 National Insurance
- Paying your Self Assessment tax bill
- What to do if you can’t pay your tax bill.
For the full list of videos and webinars (including dates and times) please go to the GOV.UK website.
Remember: Webinars can last up to an hour. You can ask questions during the presentation and get answers from your HMRC host.
Register and log in at least 5 minutes before a live webinar is due to start.
You can watch recorded webinars at any time but you will need to register first.
For more detailed guidance on Self Assessment, please go to the ‘Self-employed section’ of this website.