HM Treasury call for representations for Autumn Statement 2015
The LITRG has responded to HM Treasury’s call for representations for the Autumn Statement 2015 from the perspective of the low-income unrepresented taxpayer. Our representations follow the main points of our manifesto, published earlier this year, and are listed below.
Our representations have the following main themes:
- Improve the PAYE system to bring greater clarity and accuracy for taxpayers, and lower administrative costs
- Better communication and education on tax matters by government departments
- Make the tax system as accessible as possible for unrepresented taxpayers
- Improve how the tax and benefits systems work together
- A tax system that recognises the distinctive challenges of self-employment
The LITRG response can be found here.
The LITRG Manifesto can be found here.