How pay is taxed
In this section of the website we look at how HMRC tax the pay of members of the armed forces, including reservists. We cover both the basics of how your pay and other income will be taxed, as well as areas that are of particular relevance to members of the armed forces.
You can find out more information on the following topics:
- What is PAYE?
- What National Insurance do I pay?
- Allowances and expenses paid to you
- What deductions can be taken from my salary?
- Termination payments on leaving the armed forces
- Multiple sources of employment income and/or pension income or state benefits
- Working overseas
- How are tax underpayments collected by HMRC?
- Self Assessment introduction
- Contributions to pension schemes
- Scottish income tax