⚠️ Our Tax Guide for Students guidance has moved to the LITRG website. If you are a student or have a student loan and have a query about any of the issues we cover in this section, please let us know by filling in the Contact Us form.

Other income

Updated on 6 April 2022

Students: other income

As a student you may be receiving income from your parents and family, or through a scholarship or bursary, as interest on your savings or from letting out a room. But do you know if you should be paying tax on this income? And if you are paying tax, should you be or are you entitled to a refund?

Illustration of a man jumping across piles of money

What information and help can I find in this section?

We cover what other income you may be receiving, whether tax should be deducted from it and how much should be being taxed.

This section of the website contains two pages which are of particular interest to students:

Elsewhere on this website we cover:

Tax guides

Share this page