⚠️ We are currently updating our 2020/21 tax guidance across the website
We want our website to be accessible to everyone. We try to ensure that it is easy to find your way around and the text is written as simply as possible but with a view to retaining accuracy.
Our website endeavours to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
Changes you can make to this website
Our website has a 'Text only' feature, which greatly increases text size and contrast. This can be found at the top of our website under ‘Accessibility Options’.
Alternatively you can:
- Select Text Size from the View menu. (In some browsers Text Size may be called Text Zoom or Zoom); or
- Use Ctrl + or - to resize the text.
The Apple Mac operating system includes many accessibility options including resizing text, text-to-speech and keyboard alternatives to mouse functions.
For full details visit the Apple website's section on accessibility.
This site uses PDF files to display certain documents.
For more information, and full details of how to use this tool, visit: the Adobe website.
If you need further help in making your computer easier to use, AbilityNet and the BBC have developed some tutorials which tell you how to customise your computer to give you a better experience when using the web. For example, you can find out how to:
- change how information is shown on your screen, to get more on, or to see content more clearly
- change colours and fonts, a good idea if you have a visual impairment and need more contrast
- adapt the mouse, for example, to slow it down, make the pointer bigger, or if you are left-handed
- change a variety of keyboard settings, including the rate at which the cursor blinks.
Go to My Web My Way on the BBC Website to see the tutorials.
Whilst LITRG strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. If you should you experience any difficulty in accessing or using this LITRG website, please do not hesitate to contact us.