⚠️ We are working hard to ensure this guidance is up to date. However, you should bear in mind that things may change as the government respond to the ongoing situation.
This page brings together all of our tax and related benefit guidance relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19). We understand that this is a worrying time for many people. Our guidance below covers topics that are within our area of expertise, but we have also put together links to other websites that cover a wider range of information that may be helpful at this time.
⚠️ You should also keep an eye on our news feed, where we will also be publishing coronavirus related updates, developments, articles and press releases.
The GOV.UK website has the latest information about the Government’s response to coronavirus including the most up to date guidance about symptoms, steps to take to protect yourself or check if you need medical help as well as guidance individuals, employers and businesses.
The links below take you to our latest guidance, and you might find it helpful to look at several or all of them to get as much information as you can relevant to your situation.
You should also keep an eye on our news feed, as we will be publishing coronavirus related updates, developments, articles and press releases there too.
Guidance for employers
Guidance for employees
- Illness or self-isolation
- Work changes
- Universal credit and employee pay
- Redundancy explained
- Support for limited company directors
- Working remotely for your UK employer while overseas
- Bonus payments for certain employees
Guidance for the self-employed
- Self-employment income support scheme (SEISS)
- Self-employment support scheme ‘parental’ extension
- SEISS: where do I include the grants on my tax return?
- Further self-employment considerations
- Illness or self isolation
- Work changes
- Help for businesses in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
Guidance for people claiming tax credits
Guidance for individuals
- £500 Test and Trace Support Payment
- Taking money from your savings
- Taking money from your pension
- Tax penalties: coronavirus ‘relaxations’
- Problems getting a National Insurance number
Guidance for families
- High Income Child Benefit Charge (HICBC): What to do if your income falls
- Childcare support and benefits for children